Today's tutorial is by our awesome design team member Karin Aguirre. We'll let her take it away:
Hi everyone! I decided this year to do a slightly different take on my crepe paper Christmas tree. From the moment this trim arrived on my doorstep I worked to incorporate it in all my crafting endeavors............ It’s an easy project to create as a gift or make a bunch of them for a beautiful holiday tablescape.
What you need:
* Melissa Frances Organza Pouf Trim (for a 6-7” cone with a just under 3” base you will need approximately 1 1/2 yards)
* Cone (either a paper mache or you can make one out of heavy cardstock)
* Melissa Frances White or Cream Pearls
* Melissa Frances tinsel
*various embellishments for top of tree
* adhesive (I used beacon’s 3in1 and/or hot glue)
1. Create a cone using heavy cardstock. Make sure to leave a small hole in the top to insert the embellishments.
2. Starting at the bottom, glue the trim around the base of the cone (I use a glue gun but for better control when starting out Beacon’s 3in1 works well. You will have more “play” time) When winding around the cone keep a straight line. When you meet up with the starting point of the trim just notch it up about a 1/2” then wind around again repeating the process until you get to about 1/4” to the top.
3. Cut a small piece of the trim (about 1 1/2”. This will be the top layer.) Next cut the length of the trim off by 1/4-1/2. Glue around the top.
4. Apply the adhesive backed pearls randomly on the tree.
5. Glue the glitter star, flowers, leaf etc. in the top hole. Wrap the tinsel around the top of the tree just below the embellishments.
6. Punch out or cut a circle and glue to the base of the tree.
7. Apply glitter to a small wooded candle stick holder and glue to base of tree
And there you have it.....a shabby little tree to to dress up your home for the holidays!