Linda Albrecht has shared this great tutorial showing step by step, how to create a simplet yet adorable ruffle for your papercrafting projects using patterned paper...
This container made from Melissa Frances products would make a cute little catch-all for a girls room. It's the perfect size for barrettes, pony tail holders and other small items or fill it with flowers for a pretty accessory to the room.
Melissa Frances Products-
Kitschy Kitchen papers "Aunt Bie, Lauren. Opie, and Betty Ann
Pop Out Glitter Flowers, White
Beige Ribbon Collection, ric rac
Celebrate Transfer Rub on
Backdrop, Rectangle with Scallops
Pom pom Trim, Cream
15 gauge black wire
Image of completed Ruffle Project.
1. Adhere patterned papers to the chipboard Backdrop.
2. Cut a 5 1/2" x 71/2" piece of chipboard and two of patterned paper. Adhere paper to the backside of the piece and set aside other piece to be embellished before adhering to the front.
3. Cut a 2 1/2" x 7" piece of chipboard and two of patterned paper. Adhere the paper to each side of the chipboard then cut the piece in half at the 7" diagonal.
4. Lightly sand the edges of all of the pieces.
Image of Step 1-4.
5. Cut two 1 1/4" x 12" pieces from green gingham check paper.
6. To begin folds for paper ruffle, make a fold at 3/4" from the left end and fold toward the left 1/4".
7. Continue to make folds following step 6.
Image of Step 5-7.
8. Place the folded paper strip 3/4" from the bottom edge of the remaining dotted paper piece then machine sew a running stitch about 1/8" from the top edge of the ruffle.
Image of Step 8.
9. Use your fingers to adjust the edges of the paper ruffle. Open some of the folds and push the other way for instance and roll up some of the edges. Do the same to the top edge of the ruffle also.
10. Embellish the front of the piece with flowers, stitching and rub on words then adhere it to the front of the 5 1/2" x 7 1/2" chipboard piece.
Image of Step 9-10.
11. Apply light brown ink to the ruffle and edges of project pieces as desired for distressing.
12. Adhere the sides of the piece to the front that are an oblong triangle shape.
13. Adhere a piece of Ric Rac to the backside of the top of the piece.
14. Adhere the remaining folded ruffle strip to the backside of the top of the piece then distress and adjust the ruffle as above.
Image of Step 11-14.
15. Adhere the completed front piece to the pink Backdrop scalloped piece the punch 2 holes at the top for a wire handle.