Autumn Nature Décor by Linda Albrecht
Melissa Frances Supplies:
Deborah Die Cut paper #PA208
Decoration paper #PA174
Chipboard Flower with stem #GN143
His Majesty Applique crown #CX820
Green Rhinestones (2 large, 4 medium, 2 small) #GN280
Blue Rhinestones (1 large, 1 medium, 2 small) #GN281
Cream Lace (6” length) #CX401
Autumn Splendor Transfer (Autumn word) #FW042
Monogram Transfer Frames (brackets) #FR003
White Mica #GN285
Summer Breeze Stamps #ME12
Plain chipboard 12” x 12”
1 ½” circle of cream felt
2 large brown buttons
artificial small leaves
12” length of ¾” grosgrain ribbon
Embossing machine (optional)
Brown acrylic paint
Medium blue acrylic paint
Muted red acrylic paint
15” Black 19 Gauge wire
Light brown inkpad for distressing
1. Cut the Deborah Die cut paper in half, layer onto plain chipboard to make a pattern then cut out the chipboard shape and adhere the Deborah paper onto the surface.
2. Cut a 3 ½” x 6” piece from the Decoration paper, layer it onto the right side of the Deborah base to make a pattern for the outside edges.
3. Cut away excess from the Decoration paper then adhere it to the right side of the base.
4. Adhere the lace vertically along the edge of the Decoration paper piece.
5. Gather twigs into a bundle then use hot glue to adhere them to the piece as shown.
6. Adhere the gems to the twigs at various points (I added glue to the branch before placing the gems to ensure that they don’t fall off even though they are self adhesive.
7. Adhere the keyhole to the center of the twig bundle then add small artificial leaves.
8. Use a light brown inkpad to stamp 3 floral stem images from the stamp set along the left side of the twig bundle.
9. Draw a few leaves onto the base near the twigs with a black permanent marker, apply glue and brown glitter to the leaves.
10. Cut 6 “leaves” from the Decoration paper, distress the edges with ink, apply adhesive and Mica flakes then glue them to the twigs as shown. (I curled and folded some of the leaves in half for a more natural look.
11. Paint the chipboard flower a muted red and the stem and leaves brown, distress the edges with sandpaper and ink then adhere it to the base just above the twig bundle on the right side.
12. Cut felt circle, add a running stitch with red floss then layer a brown button and large green rhinestone and adhere to the chipboard flower center.
13. Cut a bird and wing from the plain chipboard, run it through an embossing machine (optional), paint it blue, distress the edges with ink.
14. Glue the wing to the bird, apply a small blue rhinestone for an eye, add pop dots to the backside of the bird then add to the base directly above the twig bundle.
15. Paint the Applique Crown with brown acrylic paint, allow to dry, apply Mica Flakes, then adhere to the base above the birds head.
16. Apply the “Autumn” word and bracket rub ons near the top of the left side of the base.
17. Punch small holes for the hanger then add the wire and twist the ends to the handle as shown.
18. Tie a bow to the left side of the handle then add a brown button to the center.